© All rights reserved. The British Association for South Asian Studies
To register for the BASAS 2021 conference, you just need to follow a few easy steps:
- Ensure that your BASAS membership is up to date. The conference is only available to BASAS members. Registered members will receive the password that unlocks the registration form. Read more on the BASAS website.
- Register for the conference on the University of Edinburgh online payment system ePay. Payment is by credit or debit card, and receipts will be automatically sent by email. Please note that you need the conference password that BASAS will send you!
Register online now >>
- Details for how you can access the conference will be sent out nearer the conference (late March/early April.
Please note that only those who have a current BASAS membership can register for the conference. If your membership isn’t up to date, please visit the BASAS membership page.
The registration fees are £60 for full fee and £30 for concessions. The concession rate applies to the unwaged, retired, researchers earning less than £18,000 gross per annum, people based in South Asia, full-time students, and graduate and early career (GEC) researchers. GEC researchers are current doctoral candidates at a recognised place of higher education, or those who completed their doctoral studies less than 3 years before the time of registering, unless the individual is already permanently employed in a full-time capacity.
Refund and cancellation policy
The refund and cancellation terms for the BASAS2021 conference are proposed to be as follows (once confirmed this will be edited):
- Cancellations more than a week before the start of the conference will incur a charge of 50% of the registration fee paid.
- Cancellations one week or less before the start of the conference will receive no refund.
- Cancellation charges can be waived only in the event of a medical emergency, for which medical evidence must be provided to the conference organisers.
- In the case of cancellation, please note that the process to return payment can take 2-4 weeks.
- Substitutions can be made at any time, free of charge, however the payment receipt cannot be altered and a separate letter will be the formal confirmation of the change. Delegates should be requested to provide their details and details of their substitute to the conference organising team on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Registration” in the subject of the email.